Saturday, January 24, 2009

Ramblings

Go 'way from my window,
Leave at your own chosen speed.
I'm not the one you want, babe,
I'm not the one you need.
You say you're lookin' for someone
Never weak but always strong,
To protect you an' defend you
Whether you are right or wrong,
Someone to open each and every door,
But it ain't me, babe,
No, no, no, it ain't me, babe,
It ain't me you're lookin' for, babe.

I've been listening to a lot of Bob Dylan lately. He's great. It's amazing how many musicians from so long ago are still so relevant today. I wonder how long pop music will last. Will people in the year 3000 still be talking about Bob Dylan or Elvis or the Beatles?

I watched I'm not there, a movie based on Bob Dylan's life. I didnt really get it. I can appreciate "film for the sake of film" type movies, but this just didn't really do it for me, which is ashame since there are so many great actors in it. Maybe another viewing will be better.
.
Last semester I was working on a screenplay, just for fun. It was based on Murphy by Samuel Beckett. I don't know what happened, but I stopped writing. I finished about ten pages, which is about ten minutes.

I was actually writing the screenplay while I was reading the book, because I thought maybe it would give a fresh perspective to the script. I think it ended up more like a line by line copy, and I didn't want that. I wasn't really sure how to get out of that trap. Maybe I'll revisit it. I want to.
.
I couldn't think of a title for this blog post.

3 comments:

  1. you should go back, read a chapter. then rewrite that chapter from memory with your own adaptations.
    my friend becca gave me an interesting writing assignment that i'm thinking about...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan Crump! You need to finish that screenplay! That's such a cool thing to start...you need to finish it! What an accomplishment it would be!

    November was National Novel Writing month and December was National Plot Writing month, so make January or February National Ryan Crump is Going to Finish His Screen Play month.

    I'll give you a cookie if you finish it.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah that's pretty much what I was doing, a chapter at a time. John, is that what you were telling me about? Writing some short stories?

    Jamie, I definitely will revisit it, but there's no way I'm writing a hundred pages in a month! I don't expect to finish for a while..

    ReplyDelete